This expert-level course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to design cloud-based IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) solutions. Building on the skills acquired in the Virtualized Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure specialist-level course, it focuses on business, organizational, governance, technology, and service management aspects from a design-centric perspective. By utilizing lecture, discussions, case studies, design examples, and a series of interactive problem-solving labs, students will learn to design solutions which transform business operations and virtualized data centers into ITaaS environments. The course is applicable to enterprise, service provider, and existing virtualized data center operations considering ITaaS. This course uses an ‘open’ approach focusing on core concepts, principals, and technologies rather than specific products. To provide context, the course includes EMC specific examples and case studies.
This course is intended for those responsible to assess, architect, and design ITaaS cloud solutions.
- Comprehend the Data Scientist Role
- Comprehend Big Data Analytics in Industry Verticals
- Comprehend Model Planning
- Comprehend Model Building
- Communicate Results and Findings
- Comprehend Hadoop Eco-system
- Comprehend In-Database Analytics with SQL Extensions and Other Advanced SQL
- Comprehend Core Deliverables for Key Stakeholders and Others
- Create the Final Deliverables
To complete this course successfully and get the maximum benefits from it, a student should have the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Strong mathematical, quantitative background and basic programming skills that include experience with statistical methods, and basic proficiency with a statistical software package, such as “R”, Minitab, Matlab, SAS, or SPSS.
- Experience with the conditioning of data and the management of business data (including databases) including with a programming language, such as SQL.