This JNCIS-ENT course encompasses the following topics:
- Layer 2 Switching and VLANs - Learn about enterprise switching platforms, frame processing, VLANs, interfaces and ports apart from configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting VLANs
- Spanning Tree - Concepts, configuration and monitoring of STP and RSTP, convergence and reconvergence, port roles and states etc.
- Layer 2 Security - Learn port security concepts such as DHCP snooping, MAC limiting, storm control, and filtering.
- Protocol Independent Routing - Features and functionalities of different protocol-independent routing components, routing instances, load balancing, filter based forwarding etc.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) - Operate and function OSPF and know about packet types, router types, routing policies, interfaces etc.
- Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) - Know about IS-IS PDUs, link state databases, TLVs, metrics, routing policy applications, troubleshooting tools.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) - Get acquainted with basic operations and message types of BGP, including attributes, groups and peers, route/path selection process.
- Tunnels - GRE, IP tunnels, tunneling considerations and applications
High Availability - Ensure high availability in a Junos environment including Virtual chassis, Link aggregation groups, Graceful restart, Nonstop active routing, Unified In-Service Software Upgrade etc.