Koenig is ISO 14000 certified for Environmental Management System (EMS).
An EMS meeting the requirements of ISO 14000 is a management tool enabling an organization to:
- identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products or services.
- improve its environmental performance continually.
- implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets, to achieve these and to demonstrate that they have been achieved.
Saving the environment should be everyone’s concern. Consider the following.
“Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.” – Immanuel Kant.
Basically, it means that you should not do anything that you cannot recommend that everyone does. Thus, we should care for the environment since we cannot recommend that everyone does not care for the environment. Thus, saving the environment is an ethical act and not caring for it is unethical.
Koenig planted 1,700 trees in a barren land near Delhi in November 2009.
One of the young
The newly planted field which is likely to have fully grown trees in 2-3 years. These will absorb an estimated 35 tons of CO2 from the air every year.
All Koenig-ites are committed to observing the following actionable points for saving the environment:
- Plug-in devices continue to drain energy even when the item being charged is no longer connected. Unplug seldom used appliances.
- Up to 30% of power used by TVs is used while they are turned off.
- Check and fix any water leaks.
- Avoid using plastic whenever you can. It is like poison for earth. It never breaks down, and has led to the poisoning and death of numerous sea creatures.
- Recycle old plastic bags.
- Buy less stuff. Besides saving money and not cluttering up your house, not buying things in the first place means never using the resources (materials, energy, labor) necessary to create it.
- Plant a tree in your neighborhood or near your home. They suck up harmful CO2 gases. If you can't plant one, try potted plants.
- Avoid disposable products, such as plates, cups, napkins and cutlery. Use reusable towels and dishwashing clothes in place of paper towels and disposable dish sponges.
- Clean or replace air filters on your air conditioning unit at least once a month.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120.
- Turn off unneeded lights even when leaving a room for a short time.
- When using an oven, minimize door opening while it is in use. It reduces oven temperature by 25 to 30 every time you open the door.
- Wash clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs to save money and energy.
- Copy and print on both sides of paper.
- Reuse items like envelopes, folders and paper clips.
- Use e-mail instead of paper correspondence.
- Use discarded paper for scrap paper.
- Recycle printer cartridges.
- Wash and dry only full loads of laundry.
- Buy items in bulk from loose bins when possible to reduce the packaging wasted.
For feedback regarding Koenig's environment friendly efforts, write to email@example.com