Koenig's biggest training centre is in Dehradun. It is spread over 5,300 sq. meters (57,000 sq. feet) with a built up area of 1,500 sq. meters (16,000 sq. feet). It houses 32 classrooms, a lunch room that can serve up to 100 students , study room, yoga gym, crèche (for students accompanied by children) and a prayer room (for the religiously inclined).
The Dehradun training centre provides an ideal learning environment. The Himalayan skyline is visible from most of the rooms.
Apart from studies, following tourist attractions can be sought during a visit to Dehradun:
Dehradun is a small, quiet town situated 250 Kms. north of Delhi in the foothills of the Himalayas. It is situated in a valley and the mountains start from the outskirts of the city. The town is 640 mts. (2,100 ft.) above sea level and enjoys a cooler climate as compared to Delhi.
Highlights of Dehradun
- Dehradun is well connected to New Delhi by road and railway. It is a gateway to the famous hill station of Mussoorie and the pilgrimage and Yoga meditation spots of Haridwar and Rishikesh.
- Dehradun is an all year destination where summers are ideal for all sightseeing and other activities while the winter season offers pretty cool climate, Monsoon on the other hand is perfect for short trips and also good for enjoying the natural scenic beauties, with lot of activities like White Water River Rafting, Yoga, Mediation, Sunday Market etc.
- All cuisines are available including the option to have homemade and organic food for students at the study center and at the student apartment.
- Training Centre is just walking distance from the Koenig Student Apartment
- Bicycles are available at the center for students, to enjoy the bicycling in nature.
- We have free of cost GYM facility for our students at the training Centre.
- Churches and mosques are located in the main city, just a few kms away from the study Centre
- Clock Tower Market is another famous point wherein you can enjoy Dehradun’s night life and also do shopping at very reasonable prices.
- There are also innumerable spas available in the city for relaxation during weekends.
- Public/Private transportation, cab facilities are easily available to market and for tours.
- In the month of Oct-Nov the Major attraction is Virasat which is a cultural festival comprise all aspects of Indian cultural heritage. This festival includes performances and workshops in Indian folk and classical arts, literature, handy craft items, traditional stuff, theatre, cinema and yoga.
- One of the most famous temples that is thronged by many tourists around the world is the Tapkeshwar Temple. It is an unusual and popular Shiva shrine inside a small, dripping cave. Situated by the forest side, the main Shivalinga at the temple is inside a natural cave.
- Sahastradhara is one of the most visited destination in Dehradun and very close to the Centre. People go to Sahastradhara to take bath in the sulphur spring which has medicinal and healing property for skin diseases.
- Mind rolling Monastery is one of the most visited spot in Dehradun with well maintained gardens and the five-story stupa. Tibetan art is prevalent on the walls and roofs of Mind rolling Monastery. Popularly known as Great Stupa, the world’s largest- 60 meters tall stupa was inaugurated on 28th October 2002.
- Forest Research Institute (FRI) Museum is also a very famous spot in Dehradun . The red brick building with Mughal towers, arches and Roman columns itself keeps visitors spellbound.
- The Ganga gorge and white water that the river forms after emerging from the Himalayas and passing through Rishikesh, makes the town one of the most sought after river rafting destinations in India.
- Rishikesh Sadan is Spiritual and Rejuvenation Centre in the World Yoga Capital Rishikesh. And situated in the valley surrounded with majestic mountains, deep forests and natural spring.
- For adventure lovers, Rishikesh (45 minutes drive from Dehradun Koenig Center) is the best place for River Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Beach Camping, Beach Games, White Water Sports Tours, Flying Fox and Swing Activities.
- Haridwar is another beautiful destination nearby, a paradise for nature-lovers, Haridwar presents a kaleidoscope of Indian culture and civilization. Haridwar is also termed as 'Gateway to Gods'.
- Mussoorie (Queen of Hills) is a quaint hill station with undulating, tree-covered hills, looking down on the Doon valley and with a fantastic view of the Mighty Himalayas.
- Rajaji National Park is a wildlife paradise with very rich bio-diversity. More than 500 Elephants, 12 Tigers, 250 Panthers and Spotted Deer, Sambhar, Wild Boar, Barking deer, Goral Two kinds of Bears Himalayan Black and Sloth, and over 400 bird species makes Rajaji National Park a perfect wild life and bird watching destination. You can also enjoy Elephant/Jeep Safari in Rajaji National Park.
You will see old colonial buildings and, unlike Delhi a very relaxed and unhurried approach to life. The city is famous for its picturesque landscape and pleasant climate and provides a gateway to the surrounding region.
For more information about the town, visit :
In order to join a Boot Camp in Dehradun, you have to arrive in Delhi (airport code DEL). Koenig arranges travel to Dehradun which is six hours by train and one hour by air. Following are the travel options between Delhi and Dehradun:
|Delhi - Dehradun
||Dehradun - Delhi
|Dep. 0650 hrs Arr. 1240 hrs *
Dep. 1515 hrs Arr. 2110 hrs
|Dep. 1700 hrs Arr. 2245 hrs *
Dep. 0510 hrs Arr. 1115 hrs
|Dep. 1040 hrs Arr. 1140 hrs
Dep. 1415 hrs Arr. 1520 hrs
Dep. 1015 hrs Arr. 1115 hrs
Dep. 1420 hrs Arr. 1520 hrs
|Dep. 1210 hrs Arr. 1310 hrs
Dep. 1600 hrs Arr. 1710 hrs
Dep. 1145 hrs Arr. 1245 hrs
Dep. 1550 hrs Arr. 1650 hrs
We arrange your travel by flight
We strive to make your travel as smooth and as comfortable as possible from one location to another. Koenig arranges flights from New Delhi to Dehradun. There are many direct flight connections between New Delhi and Dehradun with the Flight time being 45 minutes.
- Pick up from Koenig apartment
- Entry at Rajaji National park for jeep safari with an experienced guide/driver.
Travel to the Chilla range of the Rajaji National Park. Feast your eyes on the indigenous baby elephant, and photograph him to your heart’s content. Drive in an open jeep to look for the elusive fauna of the Himalayan foothills. Driving through forests of saal and teak, passing through the valley crossing fresh water streams, sprawling grass lands & a heavenly mountainous stretch. Wildlife such as Elephants, Leopard, Gorals (mountain goats), spotted deer, sambhar deer, blue bulls, wild boar & for the lucky ones the Royal Bengal Tiger can be sighted during this tour. Along with more than 325 listed varieties of birds. En route the safari drive, you will also get the time to visit the watch-tower to have a good view of the park. This is followed by a Lunch in the holy city of Haridwar, and a Drop back to Dehradun.
Rajaji National Park remains closed from 15th Jun. to 15th Nov. During this period we will offer spiritual retreat to students.
- Travel to Haridwar on a Sunday morning (Haridwar is one the seven holiest places for Hindus and is located on the banks of River Ganges where the river enters the plains.)
- Visit popular local attractions at Rishikesh & Haridwar
- Enjoy hanging from the jute rope bridge at the “Luxman Jhula”
- Sit and relax overlooking the sacred Ghat of the Ganges, and Take a holy dip in the River
- Enjoy a sumptuous Lunch at the famous Chotiwala restaurant
- Enjoy the evening aarti with the mesmerizing tinge of the sky at twilight, with the reflection of the golden diyas that keep floating on the river.
- Drop back to Dehradun.
Koenig provides a complete solution. We make all arrangements from the time you arrive in India till you fly back.