The Citrix Certified Advanced Administration for XenApp 6 is an advanced course that takes forward from Citrix Certified Administrator certification by putting focus on additional and advanced tasks in a Windows Server environment. It encompasses skills such as monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing server performance. An advanced level exam certifies a professional's ability to carry out these tasks effectively and efficiently.
Those who wish to gain a CCAA certification must clear two exams as defined below:
- Citrix XenApp Administration version 6.5: This XenApp course provides the basic foundation to administrators for centralizing and managing data center applications efficiently and deliver their services to users instantly. Students will get trained on installation and configuration of Citrix XenApp 6.5, plug-ins and Citrix Receiver, administration tools and consoles for configuration, server settings, policies, virtual applications, printers etc.
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration: This advanced XenApp training will impart in-depth and more specialized skills required by server administrators to perform expert functions of managing and troubleshooting the Citrix server deployments. CCAA for XenApp 6 professionals are also adept at ensuring that server performance is not compromised.
Citrix Certification Path Map
The CCAA XenApp 6.5 will help professionals leverage server administration skills in a Windows 2008 R2 Server infrastructure and validates their ability to perform complex operations on Citrix deployments.
- Install and configure Web Interface, create and customize Web Interface sites, and configure client delivery
- Publish applications, content, and desktops for users.
- Configure applications for streaming to servers and the desktops of Windows user devices
- Creating farm redundancy
- Maintaining the XenApp environment
- Optimizing the XenApp environment
- Optimizing the user environment
- Optimizing printing
- Experience operating a XenApp farm, including administering users, publishing applications, and setting policies
- Basic understanding of the components of a XenApp environment and server roles and should have basic experience installing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop Services